Thursday, October 20, 2011

Doing our Part



  

 You are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 1 Corinthians 12:27 

BEFORE my left big toe was amputated, I had never really thought much about my toes. I quickly learned what a difference losing one big toe can make. Once it was gone, I walked with a limp, and it was difficult to keep my balance. I now realize that even the smallest member of my body is important to the proper functioning of the whole.
Similarly, the body of Christ has no insignificant members; all God's children are needed for the body to work properly. If one part is missing or injured, the church's effectiveness is hindered. As Christians, together we are God's hands, mouth, feet -- and toes! God wants to use all of us with our unique gifts and talents to do the work of the kingdom: teaching God's word; helping the poor, needy, and sick; reaching out to those who are lost. To be complete, the body of Christ needs the skills and talents each of us can offer.

 Paula D. Davis (Alabama, USA)

No comments:

Post a Comment